Today is the worldwide release of Office 2016 for Windows. This marks a milestone in delivering new value for Office 365 subscribers with a focus on collaboration, apps that work for you, a perfect pairing with Windows 10, and security features businesses will love. It also marks a new model for delivery, where subscribers can expect to get more frequent updates with new features and improvements.
What is the new Office?
Office 2016 is the latest addition to Office 365—a subscription service that helps make it easier than ever for people to do their best work, together. With so many customers using Office every day, this new release is an upgrade opportunity you won’t want to miss. The new Office is made for teamwork. Perfect for Windows 10. And full of new features that you can get your customers excited about.
Built for Teamwork
Not only are the core apps better, but we’ve introduced entirely new apps and scenarios for the way people work today. Work is no longer about individual productivity. It’s about working together seamlessly and fluidly, in real time, from anywhere, on any device. And Office has transformed to meet
- Co-authoring in real-time within the rich client apps.
- Skype in-app integration allows you to IM, screen share, talk or video chat right in your docs.
- Office 365 Groups integrated into Outlook 2016 on your favorite mobile device.
- Office 365 Planner, a new experience in Office 365 that helps users organize teamwork.
Works for You
The new Office provides built-in intelligence to help you work faster and smarter
- Outlook 2016 provides the smartest inbox yet and modern, cloud-based attachments.
- Delve brings together everything that is most relevant to you, right now.
- Tell Me helps you easily and quickly find the right Office feature or command.
- Smart Lookup bring insights from the web right into your documents.
- Excel 2016 now includes integrated publishing to Power BI and new modern chart-types.
And now that they’ve delivered Office across platforms, your Office travels with you in full fidelity with our Office mobile apps across Windows, Android and iOS.
By subscribing to Office 365, customers get these always-up-to-date, fully installed apps for use across all of their devices, combined with a continually evolving set of consumer and commercial services, such as OneDrive online storage, Skype for Business, Delve, Yammer and enterprise-grade security features.
Call us today if you have any questions about Office 2016, Office 365, or any IT enquiries. We’d love to hear from you.