Well 2013 is turning out to be a very unpredictable year. Forecasting has become a form of rocket science, and new technologies are coming thick and fast. We love the turmoil. (most of the time)
Thanks to all of you that have referred other businesses to us, we really appreciate that, as it’s a good indication we are doing something right.
We have a couple of technologies to tell you about this month that might be of interest to you,
What is Microsoft SharePoint? Microsoft SharePoint is a team collaboration platform tightly integrated with Microsoft Office to improve information sharing within internal and external teams. Whether a simple document library that is securely accessible from anywhere or advanced document management, workflow and collaboration features are required, Microsoft’s SharePoint provides a powerful solution.
- Tasks – Create, assign and track tasks
- Announcements – Share news and information
- Calendars – Create and share calendars with Team Members
- Document Libraries – Share and manage related documents through a library
- Contacts – Share Contact information with you team
- Surveys – Create a poll that your team can vote on
- Discussion Forums – Discuss related issues with your team
- Alerts – Receive alerts as they happen or at a scheduled timeframe keeping you up to date with changes
- Microsoft Office Integration – Integration for the Microsoft Office Suite
- Outlook Integration – Synchronize SharePoint Calendars and Document Libraries
- Wiki Libraries – Share knowledge, brainstorm ideas collaborate with your team on a design, create an instruction guide, build an encyclopaedia of knowledge or just write down daily information
To host Microsoft SharePoint and support onsite can be costly, but with the Hosted SharePoint environment, this takes all the hassle and overhead out so you can just enjoy and benefit from it.
To find out more about Hosted Microsoft SharePoint and how it can help your business, call us now
VOIP (VOICE OVER INTERNET PROTOCOL)
VoIP has become more prevalent these days as internet speeds and Telco prices increase.
VoIP essentially allows you to have a phone using the internet rather than a traditional phone line. This offers much more flexibility. Phones can be setup all on one site, or over several sites with no complicated cabling.
The reliability of VoIP is reliant on the quality of your internet connection and the load on it. With the release of UFB and VDSL, VoIP can be more reliable, but UFB is not required. We have been running several lines for at least 3 years now on ADSL2+ and have had no real issues.
In the event of an internet outage, your phone can quickly and easily be forwarded to another number or Cell, of the VoIP phone can be moved to another location.
The costs of VoIP is outstanding. Below is an indicative table to give you a rough idea of cost savings
|Monthly Line Rental – 5 Lines||$230||#35|
|Local Calls (Auckland) – 6000 Minutes||#230||$0|
|National Calls – 2000 Minutes||$180||$0|
VoIP specific phones may need to be purchased to realise these cost benefits.
SOME OF THE KEY FEATURES
- Same phone number ringing on multiple devices
- Auto Attendant – Redirect your customers to the right person
- Phone Extensions
- Call transfer, forwarding, conferencing.
- Voice mail to Email – receive your voice mail to your Email making it easier to keep in touch with your customers without having to sit at your desk.
- Call recording – record calls for future reference if required.
So how can I find out more about VoIP and how it can save my business money? – Call Wizard IT now and we will arrange a meeting to discuss all the options with you.