Microsoft Lync is an enterprise-ready unified communications platform. Lync connects people everywhere, on Windows 8 and other operating systems including mobile devices, as part of their everyday productivity experience. Lync provides a consistent, single client experience for presence, instant messaging, voice, video and a great meeting experience. Lync users can connect to anyone on Skype, enabling rich communication with hundreds of millions of people around the world.
How it works
Lync allows users to communicate securely and stay connected with colleagues and customers, from virtually wherever they chose to work.
Lync Across Devices
Users can switch among devices as they choose based on their needs. Lync offers familiar and consistent user experience across PC, phone, browser and tablets.
Lync connects millions of people, their communications and the applications they use every day – together. Multiparty HD video conferencing brings life and expression to Lync Meetings.
Simpler to Manage
Lync is a dependable platform for all real-time communications. A single system reduces complexity in Enterprise IT.
Lync lets you reach your vision of unified communications – on your timeline following your blueprint.
Lync Online features
- Get real-time presence information—including photos, availability status, and location—and enhanced instant messaging (IM) to connect efficiently and effectively.
- Make voice calls through your computer to other Lync or Skype users in your organization or in other organizations that use Lync or Skype.
- Create, moderate, and join pre-planned and on-the-fly audio, video, and web meetings with people inside and outside your organization.
- Enhance online presentations with screen-sharing and virtual whiteboards.
- Let customers participate in your Lync conference calls even if they are not Office 365 or Lync Online customers.